I'll admit that Halloween is not my favorite holiday. Sorry, kids, I'm just not that into it. And this week has been no exception. It actually started last week with 2 half days at the elementary school. Thursday was Pajama Day. Dress up in pj's for school. Friday was Beach Day. Dress up in beach wear for school. Saturday was our ward's Halloween party. Dress up in costumes for the party. Monday night was the D. Family Halloween FHE party. Dress up in costumes for FHE. Tuesday was Mismatch Day in celebration of Red Ribbon Week at the elementary school. Dress in unmatched clothes for school. Thursday was Wear Red to School Day, also a part of Red Ribbon Week. Find and wear red clothes to school. Tonight is the Mother/Daughter Hoe Down at the church. Dress up in western clothes. Friday is A.'s class Greek play. Dress her up as a Greek Godess. Friday is also the Snake Parade at the elementary school. Take costumes to school and dress up later in the day. (If you can't wear your costume all day at school, do we really need to complicate these children's lives by making them change into costumes at school? Another subject for another day's worth of venting.) Last, but as you can see not least, Saturday, the actual authentic dress-up day. Find the costume parts and pieces and hope that everything made it through the week in one piece to be able to wear on the actual holiday. HOLY COW! Now I realize that the sweet folks who planned some of the above said events might be reading this post. This does not mean that I have any personal beef with any of you. I am just totally overwhelmed with gathering costumes. I am awaiting Monday, November 2nd. Did you hear what special day that will be? I am calling it "Get Yourself Dressed In Your Regular Clothes And Go To School Day."
Will you be celebrating that holiday in your home?
4 comments:
Wow! It makes me glad that my boys aren't in school yet! They are dressing up twice - plenty! Have a happy "Dress in Your Regular Clothes and go to School Day!"
Oh Lisa...don't come to my house this week. We loooooove Halloween and everything that goes with it. I can't get enough :)
I'm hearing you loud and clear! We didn't have nearly the number of events that you did, but it's more than enough for me. Enjoy your Monday!
And you didn't even mention the week after Halloween we had 80's day! I am with you girl friend! Oh, and could the kids please stay in school and learn something for a full week? I am sick of them saying, "because of half day we didn't do anything"! Ugh!
Just venting! Thanks for the outlet!
Post a Comment