Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So quiet....

Eighth Grader



Fifth Grader




Second Grader


Preschooler



Everyone has gone back to school and my house is so quiet. No whining children, no whining mom, no Sponge Bob, no Hannah Montana. I have been so ready for school to start this year, even more than usual. Because of my injury, we've had a crummy summer. My recovery has seemed to coincide with school starting so I think I've felt like once school starts, we can close that chapter of our lives and get back to normal. Yeah for normal! So, I'm enjoying my quiet afternoon. Ethan goes to school in the afternoons. Poor guy, all morning he kept asking when it was time for him to go to school..nearly every 15 minutes! Check back with me in about 14 years and I'll probably be saying how I miss the noise, but today I'm just going to enjoy the quiet!

I read this quote by Pearl S. Buck the other day. So timely--

"I love people. I love my family, my children, but inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up."

I hope you all get the chance to spend some time renewing those springs. I know I need it!

1 comment:

Erin said...

All I have to say is Monday could not come soon enough for our family! Ethan doesn't start preschool for a few more weeks...but one cabin fever boy is better than four.