Pearce started playing the trumpet. Ahh...the joyful sounds of a ten-year-old who is learning to play an instrument. I'm ready to move those joyful sounds into the garage but it is still too hot and that borders on child endangerment. His band teacher says that they have to practice 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week and Pearce is determined to fulfill this responsibility. Yeah for him, he's trying his best. But I can't help but wonder if the band teacher is out to get us parents. Here's the gist of his evil plan-- the kids have only learned ONE SONG. A beginning musical classic-- "Hot Cross Buns." Yes, if you do the math that is 100 hours of "Hot Cross Buns" per week. Like I said, maybe those buns will have to bake in the garage.
"One a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns."
Now you can have that song running through your head all day along with me!
7 comments:
The best is imagining him passing out in the hot garage from the heat/ oxygen deprevation from blowing out hot cross buns!!!
Oh I am sorry Lisa!!! I can only imagine...but hey at least he is dedicated. I was so grateful when Brandon chose a string instrument...well most of the time. Hang in there he may just be the next Winton Marsalis!
lol!!! Earplugs. You'll still hear the noise, you just wont care as much.
Yowza, I've been lucky that we haven't had any wind instruments, on the other hand, I'm not sure two drummers in a family is fair to the rest of the world. Want my earplugs?
HAHAHAHA! That is hilarious! Can't wait until my kids pick a musical instrument!
I laughed so hard when I read this one because we are going through the same thing at our house right now. I am ready to hide in instrument from Jalen for a few days!!
Post a Comment