

Hooray, I am no longer wearing a cast! It came off last Thursday and now I'm in a walking boot. However, it is a walking boot in name only because I'm not allowed to walk on it for another month at least. I can't put weight on it until I have another surgery to remove the screws. In the meantime, I can take the boot off to shower and when I sleep. Thank heaven for that!! Oh yeah, I also can have the boot off for physical therapy exercises. I went today for my first session and I have a feeling that I will be wishing that I was back in the cast not moving it at all. Oh well, I just keep reminding myself that it's going to get pretty uncomfortable but it will get me back to walking. The therapist did a bunch of range of motion measurements and said that I have a lot of work to do to get my ankle moving where it should be. When I flex my foot up as far as I can I only go up 8 degrees when the average is 16 degrees. When I try to twist my ankle to the side I can only twist 3 degrees when the average is 30 degrees. I don't like being this far below average!!
I've posted a picture on my scooter that has been with me almost like an appendage for the last 2 months. We will be together for another month. It really beats crutches, hands down, or I guess I should say, hands free!!
2 comments:
I'm so happy for you!! I had to wear the dang cast for the whole time I couldn't put any weight and I was miserable! I wonder if it helps that your hubby is in the medical field? Yeah!!!
Yeah Lisa that is a step in the right direction (no pun intended hee hee)!!! Glad to see that you are making the move back to normal and you should be running in no time. I am not sure who has enjoyed your scooter more...you or your kids? Hopefully you will get to keep that thing for continued fun in the future. You are looking great and good luck with physical therapy.
Post a Comment