PK asked a friend to go to the Homecoming dance with him. We had to think of a clever way to ask her. Thankfully, unlike my high school days, we could look up some creative ideas on the Internet. One more reason to love the Internet! We took a plain white t-shirt and he wrote his name on the front with a permanent fabric marker. Then he took washable markers and wrote the names of a bunch of other guys. When she put the shirt through the wash, his name was the only one left on the shirt. Great, fun, easy, cheap idea. He dropped it on her doorstep and ran away. She answered YES that same evening. So here we go into the exciting world of school dances. (And, as he is quickly figuring out, the EXPENSIVE world of school dances!)
We did a pretty good job with Crazy Hair Day this year. Here's Miss A and Mr. E in all of their crazy hair glory. Miss A decided to call her style "Scorpia".
Random kids' quotes from this week:
Miss A: (speaking about the For Strength of Youth book) "This is a really good book! Have you read this? There's a lot of great stuff in here!"
PK: "Corn is vegetable candy."
PC: (speaking to Miss A) "Wait, you're in FIFTH grade?" Miss A: "Yah, let me introduce myself. I'm your sister and I've been in fifth grade for a month now."
PK: "Here, I'll make the fan oscillate. I'm using my big words."
PK: "Mom, when you're making dinners and stuff. do you think you could start making....ummm...more? Cause I need more food." (He really does.)
1 comment:
Funny - I totally noticed P's suit when he was sitting down with you guys after passing the sacrament! I thought to myself that he looked NICE! You do have some handsome boys, and a sweet girl! Lucky you.
Post a Comment