Here are five things that I love to hear
(aside from the obvious...a newborn's cry, the ocean, birds singing, etc.)
1. The sound of the vacuum going somewhere in the house by anyone other than myself
2. My children yelling, "MOOOOOMMMMM!" immediately followed by "Never mind."
3. The sound of the door to the garage opening followed by the sound of keys put down on the counter. It means that Mr. Whitty is home from work. (We do have a place to hang keys but I actually asked him to put his keys down on the counter first because I love the sound!)
4. The weather guy saying the words "cooling trend"
5. The sound of my children practicing their instruments. Other than the piano, we have a trumpet and a cello. It's pretty amazing to hear them making music with instruments that I have no idea how to play.
What sounds do you love to hear?
3 comments:
Lisa, I LOVE reading all your posts! I think you are incredible:) I love to hear the opening and closing of the dishwasher...my least favorite chore.
I love listening to babies/toddlers munching on a treat.
I'm with you on the garage! I LOVE hearing the garage opening because it means my sweatheart is home.
I also love the sound of the post truck bringing mail. Usually it's just boring bills and stuff but every now and then he brings a surprise.
I also love to hear my children playing together--playing well together. It's always fun to sit back and listen to their conversations.
Post a Comment