Since my goal is to stay in touch with everyone, I thought I had better back track to catch you up on our family. So I'll start with PK. (I should probably start with myself but it does seem easier to talk about your kids, don't you agree?) PK turned twelve in August and started 7th grade that same week. I will admit to being really worried about him getting lost that first day. Of course he did great. He is doing really well with his classes and manages his own assignments and homework without my help. He has lots of friends and is quite a pro at "Guitar Hero". He is really a funny kid and keeps us laughing (and not even the fake courtesy laughs that you give your kids sometimes for their "jokes"). We have also entered the world of orthodontics, a world we'll be in for many years to come I'm sure. PK got braces a couple of weeks ago. I'm still cringing about the check that I wrote to pay for them and he is still cringing about the dreaded list of foods to avoid. To say it lightly, PK loves candy and this will be a hard one for him. But we can do hard things, right??
Friday, March 21, 2008
All About PK
Since my goal is to stay in touch with everyone, I thought I had better back track to catch you up on our family. So I'll start with PK. (I should probably start with myself but it does seem easier to talk about your kids, don't you agree?) PK turned twelve in August and started 7th grade that same week. I will admit to being really worried about him getting lost that first day. Of course he did great. He is doing really well with his classes and manages his own assignments and homework without my help. He has lots of friends and is quite a pro at "Guitar Hero". He is really a funny kid and keeps us laughing (and not even the fake courtesy laughs that you give your kids sometimes for their "jokes"). We have also entered the world of orthodontics, a world we'll be in for many years to come I'm sure. PK got braces a couple of weeks ago. I'm still cringing about the check that I wrote to pay for them and he is still cringing about the dreaded list of foods to avoid. To say it lightly, PK loves candy and this will be a hard one for him. But we can do hard things, right??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment